Best ATV plow kit For The Money
Winter comes every year, and it comes to snow. An excellent snowplow will enable you clear it from your backyard, enabling you to avoid paying for the annual snow removal fees. There are different snowplows in the market, but others are better than others.
What We Will Learn In This Article
7 Best ATV plow kit Review
If you have an ATV, you are a step ahead. First, you need an ATV snow plow with good blade size, ease of attachment, great attachment location, dimensions, and compatibility with your ATV.
This article will give you insights on the best ATV plow kits, the types, and brands available, as well as answers to some of your frequently asked questions.
1. Black Boar Snow Plow Kit
Camco manufactures the BLACK Boar snow plot kit, one of the best plow kits available in the market. It is a superior brand that mounts on the ATV chassis to clear snow from your backyard. It is compatible with various all-terrain vehicles, and it has a high adjustability rate.
It is a heavy-duty steel blade with a powder coating of black powder, making it solid and durable. It can plow in different landscapes, and its blades can be installed or removed from the mounting bracket via two quick pins. It also has adjustable tension springs that protect the vehicle from the edges or overloading as it works through the snow.
Why the Black Boar is among the best ATV snow plow kit
- Its dimensions are 11.05*41.65*19.55 inches and weigh 88 pounds.
- It can adjust its angles to 0, 7.5, 22.5, and 30 degrees.
- The plow kit has a straight blade of 48 inches long and 2mm thick.
- It is a durable steel plow that is powder-coated.
- The snow plow kits mount to ATV, enabling you to clear snow from your backyard and various landscapes.
- It has an optimized chassis bracket that enables it to maximize ground clearance.
- It has an adjustable tension spring that offers the vehicle protection from impact and overloading.
- Snow-Free in No Time: ATV plow easily fits onto the ATV chassis to smoothly clear snow during cold months; it is compatible with most models of ATV with round or square tubular frames
- Specifications: The straight blade of this ATV snow plow is 48 inches long and 2mm thick; the blade of this four wheeler plow and it has adjustable angles of 0, 7.5, 22.5, and 30 degrees in both right and left directions, plus adjustable skid pads for proper blade height setting; winch is required for use (not included)
- Sturdy Construction: This durable snow plow for ATV is made of powder-coated steel for extended life
- Quick and Easy Install: The blade of this ATV snow plow kit can be quickly installed or removed from the mounting bracket via two quick pins; an optimized chassis attachment bracket gives maximum ground clearance when the blade is not installed
- Quality Products: Camco makes quality products for RVing, boating, camping, towing, tailgating, and grilling that help take your passion for the outdoors to the next level
The Black Boar ATV Snow Plow is strong and highly adjustable, making them an excellent choice.
2. Black Boar S-Tine ATV snow plows
Camco manufactures the Black Boar S-tine cultivator together with over 4,000 products in the United States. The ATV snow plow refreshes the soil and allows you to refill and prepare the new ground. It comes with six S-tines that enable it to dig deeper and aerate the earth more.
The snow plow has a superior range of motion that enables it to move without interfering or moving the pins. It helps ease the work of manually dropping the hitch. It snow plows efficiently as it is made of a strong steel blade and is lightweight. On Amazon, it goes for $179.99.
What makes the Black Boar the best ATV plow kit for your ATV?
- The snow plow blade dimensions are 34*24.5*6.75 inches, and it weighs 43 pounds.
- It has a parallel linkage design which helps it stay at an implemented angle when you lower it.
- The blade is made of S-tines that have a superior range of motion. They provide extra support to enable it to move without requiring you to drop the hitch manually.
- It has six S-time pins that are thin and dig deep, enabling better soil aeration.
- Each S-tine has a wear-resistant low kit that you can add or remove.
- The thick steel used in its manufacture is solid and durable, making it a high-quality product.
- Adjusts 0, 7. 5 Or 15 Degrees Either Direction
- Parallel Linkage Design Maintains Proper Implement Angle As It Is Lowered
- Lightweight Design Is Easy To Install With One Person And Minimizes Interference With Maneuvering
- Superior Range Of Motion Without Having To Move Pins Or Manually Drop The Hitch
The Black Boar S-Tine is the best ATV snow plow with a superior range of motion, enabling it to over without moving the pins. Its durability and quality offer you value for your money.
3. WARN 79958 Pro Vantage side by side Snow Plows
The WARN Provantage is the best ATV blade in the market. Warn industry, which manufactures it, is known worldwide for its top brands in vehicle performance-enhancing equipment. It is suitable for all ATVs. It consists of a base, mounting kit, and blade, with each part sold differently.
The ATV snow plow has blades that you can optimize for varying conditions with an adjustable attack handle. It also has a robust spring system. In addition, the product is designed specifically for high ground clearance, and it has inbuilt systems that prevent damage. On Amazon, it goes for $424.80.
Why is the WARN provantage the best ATV kit?
- The product is 72 inches, and this surface area enables it to cover more surface area within a short time.
- Its dimensions are 72*20.5*7.5 inches, and it weighs 15.2 pounds.
- Warn manufactures the pro vantage plow with 12- thick gauge steel and heavy-duty ribbing that makes it last longer.
- The blade has a unique low friction powder-coated finish to prevent materials from sticking to the edges as it plows.
- The plow system has a sturdy boxed design that gives it extra support.
- It has an extra-large stable and broad plow base enabling it to perform efficiently.
- It has a large diameter pivot assembly that enables it to rotate the blades precisely and smoothly.
- Made from thick 12-gauge steel
- Heavy duty ribbing
- Center cross member for added rigidity
- Boxed design adds extra support
- Special low-friction powder coated finish helps keep material from sticking to the blade
The WARN Pro vantage side-by-side plow system offers superior performance and is durable and sturdy, enabling you to realize value for your money.
4. WARN Provantage 92100 front kit snow plow mount
Warn is one of the brands that you can trust for superior products that enable you to realize value for money. The ATV snow plow has an impact-resistant mounting kit that is durable and sturdy. In addition, it is compatible with various ATVs making it an excellent selection for you to consider during winter.
The heavy-duty snow plow is a high-quality front mount kit enabling you to lift higher, reach over the front rack, and turn it without disconnecting it from your ATV. It also has a forward trip system that prevents damage when it hits a mobile object. The price for one kit is $177.77 on Amazon.
What makes the WARN provantage 92100 the best ATV plow kits?
- Its dimensions are 26*18*7 inches, and it weighs six pounds.
- The blade has an extra-wide design that increases its stability when plowing through the snow.
- It has an interlocked rotating base plate allowing it to rotate to different angles as you desire.
- It has a mounting kit that enables you to lift it higher without disconnecting it from the ATV.
- The blade has a forward trip system that prevents it from damage.
- An extra wide design for increased stability
- An interlocked rotating base plate and forward trip system attributes to the great strength and excellent impact resistance for the mounting kit
- All mounting hardware and installation instructions are included
- This base tube assembly is for WARN provantage front plow mounting kit only
- A lightweight assembly kit makes for easy installation
The heavy-duty WARN provantage is among the best ATV snow plow kits that assist you with plowing snow for a long time.
5. Extreme Max 5500.5010 Uniplow one box ATV plow
The uniplow one box ATV snow plow is a 50-inch blade compatible with universal ATV. It offers extra support when you mount it on the ATV from behind the wheels enabling the transfer of plow force to the frame for smooth plowing. In addition, the blade has a black powder coating and a wear bar giving it a durable finish.
It comes with a grade 50 steel wear bar and grade 8 bolts with heavy-duty and adjustable skid pads. It has multiple blades that you can also adjust easily. The steel plow blade also comes with many parts in the package that requires a handyperson to fix if you are not familiar with doing it yourself. Its current market price is $395.98. You get a one-year warranty when you purchase the product.
What makes the Extreme Max Uniplow the best plow kit for your ATV?
- Its dimensions are 50*0.19*16 inches and weigh 92.1 pounds.
- The blade is made from thick steel and has a bolt design for light-duty, for instance, residential use.
- The Unimount universal mount allows the plow to fit most ATVs in the market.
- Each piece has a replaceable steel wear bar that protects them from damage.
- The blade has low friction powder-coated base to prevent damage.
- UniPlow One-Piece Blade: Multi-position 50" blade features a bolt-together design for lighter duty or residential use; includes a two-sided one-piece steel wear bar and adjustable skid pads
- UniPlow Push Tube: Strong, welded push tube design mounts to the ATV frame behind the wheels, not in the front or middle, transferring plow force to the ATV frame for effective, smooth plowing
- UniMount: The universal plow mount fits 90+% of current ATV models and offers a quick-release mechanism that allows UniPlow attachment and removal in literal seconds (See product images for up-to-date UniMount Fit Chart)
- All UniPlow One-Box ATV Plow System components are finished in durable black powder-coat; UniPlow carries a one-year warranty
- To use your UniPlow with multiple ATVs, additional mounting kits are available: See UniMount Kit (Extreme Max 5500.5019), Polaris 570 Sportsman UniPlow Mount (Extreme Max 5500.5088), or Cam-Am Outlander UniPlow Mount (Extreme Max 5500.5099)
The Extreme Max 5500.5010 uniplow is a 50-inch snow plow that is a great choice that offers superior performance and offers you value for your money.
6. MotoAlliance DENALI Universal ATV Snow Plow
The Motoalliance DENALI is among the best ATV snow plow kits that are center-mounted. They disperse the force of impact to the vital parts of your ATV to prevent damage. The Moto Alliance company manufactures this straight blade that is easy to use. It fits in most ATVs, but the Sportsman model requires fitment verification.
The designing of the plow occurs in America and consists of a heavy-duty ribbing and a 50-inch blade made from thick 11 gauge steel. The package comes with a 50-inch plow blade, wear bar, push tubes, skid feet, mounting installation hardware, and instructions. It works well in removing small or hefty snow.
Why is the MotoAlliance DENALI the best plow blade?
- It is a heavy-duty 50-inch blade made from thick 11 gauge steel that makes it durable.
- It is one of the best ATV snow plows with four 7 gauge ribs that hold the weight of the blades.
- It also has three additional horizontal stabilizers that offer extra support to the blades.
- The blade has an adjustable skid that eases the plowing process.
- Its dimensions are 50*6*17 inches, and it weighs 97 pounds.
- The plow has 65 degrees attachment angle that enables you to roll the snore up and throw it forward.
- Fits: most ATV models; Sportsman models call for fitment verification
- Includes plow blade, wearbar, push tubes, adjustable skid feet, installation hardware and instructions
- Heavy duty 50" straight plow blade, made of 11 gauge steel and designed in America
- Includes one (1) replaceable wear bar
- Four 7 gauge ribs run the full height of the blade and 3 additional horizontal stabilizers support the deepest point of the blade
The DENALI ATV snow plow is ideal for plowing both small and heavy snow, and it has a fair price considering its high quality and performance.
7. Kolpin 17-500 Switchblade Plow
Kolpin manufactures the heavy-duty switchblade plow that fits most ATVs and UTVs and is complete in a box. The box works on the back of your ATV to enable easy transportation. The switchblade has an adjustable blade that you can set in five different positions from 48 to 60 inches.
The blade comes with installation hardware, and it is compatible with utility and the majority of all-terrain vehicles. It can clear deep and packed snow from your driveway or backyard. However, its winch is available separately, and you must purchase it for use. On Amazon, its price is 332.99.
Why is the Kolpin 17500 switchblade the best ATV snow plows?
- It has adjustable blades that can adjust to five different positions enabling you to plow effectively.
- The straight plow blade comes with installation hardware to give it a tight fit.
- The snowplow has a stamped steel blade technology to enable its adjustments.
- The straight blade construction is from heavy-duty ribbing steel material.
- The plow fits most ATVs and UTV.
- It comes as a complete plow in a box; however, it does not have a winch.
- It also has square solid tube steel chassis that can be reinforced state to the five positions.
- Complete Plow-in-a-Box, minus Winch
- Stamped steel blade technology adjusts to either 48” or 60” width
- Robust square tube steel chassis with strategically placed reinforcements
- 5-position blade angle
- Requires winch (sold separately)
The Kolpin Switchblade is a heavy-duty straight blade ideal for plowing snow, given its high performance, durability, and fair price.
Types of ATV snow plows
There are three types of snowplows which are:
The straight plow blade is excellent for home use. It is appropriate for clearing snow on your lawn or backyard. However, it moves snow forward, and you have to turn the blades to different angles to run off the ATV side.
The V-Blade is suitable for clearing large snow areas, for instance, in estates and parking lots. The blade has a fold on the center that forms an arrowhead design making it less resistant and easy to plow through thick snowfalls.
There are two types of lift systems, the manual and the electric type. The manual one gives you maximum control of the blades allowing you to reach high surfaces. However, it is not appropriate for plowing the uneven ground.
What should you look for in your new snow plow blade?
When selecting the best ATV snow plow kit, consider one with a heavy-duty steel gauge to prevent bending. You also need one with zinc coating to enable it to endure different harsh climatic conditions. For heavy snowfall, consider one with heavy-duty ribbing to prevent damage. A box design of the blade increases the stability of the plow.
You also need to consider the appropriate plow blade size. It depends on the surface area of the area that you need to work on. For instance,
- A 50 to 55-inch blade is appropriate for clearing your yards and driveways.
- 55 to 60-inch blades are best for midsize to large homes.
- Seventy-five inches and larger blades are suitable for large estates and parking lots.
Top Brands of ATV Plow Kits
The founders of this industry are Arthur and Sadie Warn on June 10, 1948. Since then, it has been innovating power sports accessories that are superior in the market, and you can trust their products.
Extreme Max is more than a brand. It is a way of life. It is well known for manufacturing high-quality ATV snow plows that enable you to realize value for your money.
The company produces the best ATV snow plow in Rogers, Minnesota, in the United States of America. It develops top-notch products and has outstanding customer service.
The following are some of the best ATV plow kits.
Options for ATV Plow Kits
Can you plow snow with an ATV?
Yes, you can. The best ATV snow plow enables you to clear heavy snowfall and other debris in your lawn all by yourself. All you need is to get the best one in the market, attach it to the center, front, or back of your ATV and get working.
How do you plow snow with an ATV?
You need to get the best ATV snow plow that is compatible with your machine. Then, depending on the plow blade attachment location, attach it using the provided hardware. You can use a buyer’s guide to enable you to assemble and attach the plow to your ATV. Once connected, you can operate the ATV, which allows you to plow the snow.
When leaving the garage, have the plow blade in an upward position to prevent scratching. Set the ATV in position and lower it an inch from the ground and start moving forward slowly. Moving on a slow pace shifts the snow, and you can tilt the plow blade to allow the snow to funnel to the edge of the driveway sides.
Expert tips for using your new ATV snow plow
Instead of selecting cheap ATV plow kits, consider the best ones that will enable you to get value for your money. Consider one that fits with your vehicle by checking the manufacturers’ guide. Also, select depending on the area that you intend to clear.
Attach the snow plow kit to your ATV, and you are good to go. If you get no traction, you can fit your vehicle with paddle tires to increase their grip. When done plowing, check the kit for any damages and clean it to prevent corrosion.
It would also be best if you keep your hands away from the pinch points to prevent accidents. You also need to drive slowly and understand your yards’ danger points to give them maximum attention. Finally, it would be best if you also looked back when reversing to prevent hitting objects.
Inquiries - Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the answers to your frequently asked questions.
Can you plow snow with a 125CC ATV?
Yes, it is an excellent choice because of its power and economical fuel consumption. However, you need to use a blade below 60 inches in size for it to perform excellently.
How does the ATV snow plow work?
Once attached to the ATV front, center, or behind, you need to position it on the area with snow. Then, you need to lower the blade and drive slowly through the snow enabling it to remove it from the lawn and deposit it in one place.
Do four-wheeler ATV work in the snow?
Yes, they do. The four-wheeler provides excellent traction in the snow. If you use an ATV with a wheel with no traction, you need to use paddle tires to increase grip while moving through the snore.
Can I plow my driveway with an ATV snow plow?
Yes, you can. It would be best if you select an appropriate powder-coated blade that will meet your plowing needs.
Should I use an ATV snow plow or a snow blower?
The snowplow works best in large areas because they require space to move. They clear snow three times faster than a snowblower. While a plow clears heavy and wet snow, the blower can only clear light and fluffy snow.
Which is the best ATV snow plow?
Most cheap ATV plow kits in the market are not the best. It would be best to have one compatible with your vehicle and has the right blade size for the area you want to plow. In addition, it is one with durable, sturdy materials that offer an easy blade attachment and has the correct dimensions.
Are ATVs good for snow removal?
ATVs are excellent snow removers for homeowners with tight spaces or people who need to clear a large area.
You need to select an appropriate snowplow that meets your needs and the snow area you want to clear. The best options are those I have mentioned in this article, but not all of them will be compatible with your ATV. A manufactures guide can help you with the dimensions to consider for a snow plow for your ATV.
I wish you all the best as you select the appropriate plow.
About the Author
Timothy Roberts is professional auto and motor blogger. He has big interest in motor industry and expert in engine mechanical issue. In this blog post, he shares experience about the ATV plow kits.